Wednesday 23 March 2016

Senses - Describing Taste and Sounds

Taste it:  Describe your favourite food without mentioning its name. Describe the dish in front of you. Put the food in your mouth. Describe everything as you keep eating.

A sublime blend of soft, rich creaminess with a tangy savoury meatiness. Both feminine and masculine combining effortlessly in a sweet embrace upon my taste buds as the layers melt effortlessly  as I chew and finish with a sharp cheesy bite and a craving for more.





Hear it: Hear a noise/sound that is really irritating you. Describe it.


If a shriek could be a question, it would sound like this. It builds up the tension with a few warning wails before unleashing a harsh, high pitch screech, that still makes me and the others around me shudder and contort, despite our anticipation. It is purely animalistic; a noise of fear and doubt, but mostly of pure frustration of not knowing what is going on and lacking any other means to communicate this. It frustrates me too, trying in vain to block it out by twisting and turning in my seat in a futile attempt to fall asleep. I try to distract myself and to think about sand swept beaches and fancy hotel rooms, but the squealing knocks me back to reality and inhumane thoughts that would make Ted Bundy blush. But the most irritating thing of all is that I have just buckled down for the ride and still have fourteen more hours to go before this plane lands.


5 comments:

  1. I quite fancy a lasagna now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me and all. Im not quite sure if its my favourite food, or just because it's one of the hardest foods to get/make over here that I rarely get to eat it that makes me want it so much :D

      Delete
  2. Nothing worse than screaming babies on a plane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worst part is knowing that you can't get away from it

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete