Sunday 14 February 2016

Introduction


Note: This post was supposed to be the initial post for the blog but due to some technical issues with the video, it was delayed.



As you may have noticed from the video, I'm not very good at expressing myself through speech. I much prefer written communication in emails and text and generally abhor receiving a phone call. As such, I've always felt safer with written communication, not just the ability to express myself easier, but also the fact that errors are much less noticeable. With the spoken word, it is a lot more difficult to backtrack and edit what you have just blurted out into a more cohesive argument or a funnier line to an anecdote or joke.


I was a primary school teacher in Ireland before moving into ESL, so I have some experience teaching creative writing as part of the English curriculum to students. I am looking forward to learning more ways to engage students in creative writing, how to adapt my teaching techniques to incorporate creative writing in an ESL classroom and also how to use technology to enhance creative writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment